Renee, dad and I gathered up art supplies and an art book to put together the prize we give annually in our dear mother's honor. Since mom was a children's art teacher, and always encouraged and inspired us to make art, for the last six years since she passed away, we have done this.
I delivered this years bountiful basket of sketchbooks, drawing material, watercolor paint, paper, brushes etc...to the Annapolis County Exhibition Art Show on Thursday, August 18th. Dad very generously gave a signed copy of his retrospective art book. It's such a wonderful thing to be able to do for the budding artists of the valley, who have no places to buy quality and varied art materials like these. I got to see the winning entry, a lovely charcoal still life of pears. Well done!
Here is a photo of dad and I with the basket, before I delivered the prize.
The note I included in the basket for the winner.
And here is a photo of the winning artwork, a pastel drawing of two pears by Kenzie Taylor. Well done, and congratulations!
I delivered this years bountiful basket of sketchbooks, drawing material, watercolor paint, paper, brushes etc...to the Annapolis County Exhibition Art Show on Thursday, August 18th. Dad very generously gave a signed copy of his retrospective art book. It's such a wonderful thing to be able to do for the budding artists of the valley, who have no places to buy quality and varied art materials like these. I got to see the winning entry, a lovely charcoal still life of pears. Well done!
Here is a photo of dad and I with the basket, before I delivered the prize.
The note I included in the basket for the winner.

No comments:
Post a Comment